Membership terms & conditions
This page lists the full terms and conditions relating to membership of the RAF Memorial Flight Club and our monthly Club ballot prize draws.
Membership terms & conditions
- In these terms and conditions:
- "the Club" means The Official Royal Air Force Memorial Flight Club.
- "the Flight" means the Royal Air Force Battle of Britain Memorial Flight, RAF Coningsby.
- “MOD” means The Ministry of Defence – Government department.
- These terms and conditions apply to all members of the Club.
- The Club is owned and operated by or on behalf of the Royal Air Force Battle of Britain Memorial Flight/MOD.
- Membership of the Club is valid for one year from the date of joining. A member on joining shall be entitled to the benefits of membership as are published by the Club from time to time. Eligibility for entry into club ballots is dependent on the members registering their membership with a valid email address.
- Application for membership shall be made on the official Club website or by purchasing a membership pack. The Club reserves the right to refuse any application for membership in its absolute discretion without giving reasons.
- Membership Cards and membership packs are personal to the member and are not transferable and shall not be transferred under any circumstances. All membership cards remain the property of the Club, the member being the authorised bailee of the Club in respect of the same and entitled to the benefits conferred by them subject to these terms and conditions. All membership cards shall be returned to the Club on demand following termination of membership for any reason. Membership cards must be carried by the member when utilising any membership benefits and must be produced on request when enjoying membership benefits at the Flight (or any other venue at which a member event is being staged) for inspection by officials and security staff of the Club and the venue.
- In the event that a membership card is lost or stolen the member should report this to the Club's Membership Office immediately (+44 (0)1905 570727, RAF Memorial Flight Club, c/o In2 Publishing Ltd, PO Box 7492, Kidderminster, DY11 9HB).
- The Club reserves the right to suspend the use of the relevant membership card of a member and any or all associated benefits for a period of time or to withdraw their use entirely in the event of misuse or abuse of the membership benefits in any way or in the event of a breach of these terms and conditions or in the event of any abusive, dangerous, antisocial or any other unacceptable behaviour by the member, including without limitation any defamatory and/or anti-religious and/or anti-racial comments on the members’ area of the website.
- The club reserves the right to refuse any application for membership at its sole discretion without reason.
- The contents of the membership pack are subject to change at the discretion of the Club and without notice. Members understand that the membership pack they receive may differ from the contents as advertised and accept that no claim or other action will be made against the Club or any of its agents in respect of the membership pack contents.
- Members are entitled to two issues of the club magazine per year of membership. The first issue is inside the membership pack. In order to be eligible for the second issue, members must register their membership and provide valid postal details.
- Membership of the Official Royal Air Force Memorial Flight Club is valid for one year from the date of joining. Membership should be renewed online via the Club website or by contacting the Club's Membership Office (email@example.com / +44 (0)1905 570727). No refunds will be made if the member ceases to be a member of the Club.
Club ballot terms & conditions
- Fully activated Members are automatically entered into a monthly ballot prize draw. Members must have provided the Club with the following details to be considered a fully activated Member: name, postal address and email address. Members can check that these details are up to date by logging into their online account.
- The Club reserves the right to vary the manner or system in or by which Club ballots are to be managed upon reasonable notice being given.
- The Club ballots and the frequency of issue are subject to change at the discretion of the Club and without notice.
- The dates and times of ballots are subject to any alteration. Every effort will be made to give as much notice as possible of any change.
- The Club shall not be liable to pay any transport costs incurred by winners to attend prize experiences. Members understand that by accepting the balloted prize they are agreeing to pay for their own transport and ensure they can return home safely.
- Winners understand that photographs and other details of the prize may be featured in Club communications such as but not limited to email newsletters and the Club website. If any member wishes not to be featured in these communications, they must make this known to the Club at the point of acceptance.
- The Club shall not have any liability to the registered Member in respect of any failure to carry out or delay in carrying out any of its obligations under these terms and conditions, including without limitation admitting the Member to attend an event won in the Club ballot or any other Club competition, caused by fire, flood, accident, strikes or other industrial action, refusals to grant any licenses or permissions or any circumstances outside its reasonable control.
- Entrants can be of any age, except where specified.
- The prize-winner will be drawn at random by the Club Administrator. The Club Administrator's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Only the winner/winners will be contacted personally.
- Prizes must be taken as stated. There will be no alternatives cash or otherwise.
- Entrants must supply full details as required above and comply with all rules to be eligible for the prizes.
- Ballot prize draws are not open to employees or contractors of the Official Royal Air Force Memorial Flight Club or any person directly or indirectly involved in the organisation or running of the competition or in the provision of hospitality for events, or their direct family members.
- The Club Administrator reserves the right to cancel the competition at any stage if circumstances arise outside the direct control of the Club.
- Winners will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to have agreed to be bound by them when they accept the awarded prize.
- We will not publish or provide your email address or other details to anyone else. If you win a prize, your contact details will be passed to the person administering the prize, but will not be shared with anyone else.
- Some prizes will be experiences facilitated by third parties and winners must abide by the rules and regulations as set out by the individual experience providers. The Club or the RAF BBMF will not be held liable for any loss of property, injury or fatality suffered by winners taking part in prize experiences.
- This agreement is governed by the laws of England and Wales.